Saturday, December 17, 2011

A Goan Getaway!


CHAPTER 1: Confusion(s)

It was almost a year now that I had not been on a long ride due to some miscellaneous factors every now and then. Be it professional responsibilities or recovering from a fracture from a short ride to the hills, everything added to the woes. However, the itch to ride was getting prominent resulting into restlessness of the biker inside me. Hence, one fine day, it was decided that I have to ride; as this would be the ride to freedom, fun and probably the last ride of my bachelorhood.

As the case has been, it took me a life to decide the destination(s). Initially Mumbai-Goa and Bhutan were on my mind. However, things ought to change drastically when I’m planning the ride. Though Ladakh was also an option, but that was ruled out completely as I wanted to chill out and relax. As the spark transformed into the jungle fire, the Mumbai-Goa plan was extended and then it became the “West Coast Ride” starting from Delhi, ending in Kanyakumari.

As I was still working on the plan, a friend of mine came out with his plan of riding through south India, which definitely seemed enticing. However, considering the duration of ride, I had to put it off as it would have been difficult for me to take a month’s off.

One month of brainstorming now and I was still sitting clueless. The WCR was again given a thought and an extension to it was made that would allow us to explore some popular hotspots in Southern India. When everything seemed to be superfine, the weather was thought off and Spetember, the month which we wanted to ride, was certainly not suitable for riding as the rains would surely screw us up. Moreover, budget was also a constraint. Hence, The final ride came out to be Mumbai-Goa, ruling all the options including Nepal, Ladakh, Bhutan and more! Hence, Goan Getaway for you!

Now the date was to be finalized. The ride was initially supposed to start on 1st September, 2011. However, due to some delays in the delivery of my Royal Enfield Classic 500 and weather conditions in Mumbai and the coast, it was postponed by a month and the journey was supposed to commence on 3rd October 2011.

Meet the Riders

Karan Sharma



Vaibhav Vashisht




Meet the Rides

Rocky B. (Royal Enfield Classic 500, 2011)




Rhino (Bajaj Pulsar 220 DTSI, 2009)





Chapter 2: The insomniacs And The Excited 

Something was tingling in my ear and only after a few confused moments I realized that its time to wake up, hence shut that tingling alarm off. Vaibhav also called me up and asked me to be on time as he would be leaving his place shortly. Woke up, got ready, donned the riding gear and got another call from Vaibhav. He was standing downstairs waiting for me. In no time we were clicking pre ride photographs and discussing the plan for the day. The engines were fired and the silence of the night was broken by the thump of the iron devil and a roar of a mean machine.




Chapter 3: The ride, Delhi-Udaipur

All geared up and smiling ear to ear, we exited the city in no time and soon were raiding the awesome roads of Delhi-Gurgaon E-Way. Crossed the Ambiance Mall with a middle finger up showcasing my frustration to ride and as if I was throwing abuses feeling happy that I would not have to see your face for the next two weeks. The next in line was a right towards Shankar Chowk, which leads to the office where I have to bang my head. It was still wee hours of the day and we were already on a ride of a lifetime. The powerful lights of the 220 lit the roads quite well, so did the stylish combination of stock and auxiliary lights of the Classic 500. One and half hour into the ride and we were already 150km from Delhi. This made us hungry not only for better roads, but for food too. This made us stop at a Dhaba on the highway where we savored an okayish aaloo paranthas plus some smoke and tea for Vaibhav.

Since I was feeling pretty lazy last night, I did not withdraw any cash from the ATM, leaving the same for the next day, on the ride. Hence the next was hunt for an ATM where I could stuff myself with some cash and become tension free for next couple of days. While the hunt for the ATM was on, the sun was up behind my back and I did not want to let go the opportunity to capture the first sunrise of the ride. For that matter, this was the first sunrise for Rocky B. too!






After a short ride on the NH8, we stopped to check out an ATM, but unfortunately, it was unable to dispense cash. Was advised by a local to go a couple of kilometers ahead and find an ATM along the hotel Highway King. As and when we reached there we realized, we should have eaten here as this looks much more promising. Anyhow, the cash was withdrawn and the cameras were brought out for the second lot of pics.





Then it was continuous riding until Jaipur bypass which we missed because of my confusion, even though Vaibhav insisted that this was the short cut to reach GVK Expressway. We marched forward, and with no option, entered the city with me still confident enough about the route! Covered around 100 km in the city and after wasting much time, energy and fuel, we finally hopped on to NH8 and then it was pure awesomeness. Vaibhav stared feeling the need for a tea and was willing to give some rest to Rhino while Rocky B. was still going strong and needed no rest. Stopped at a local roadside tea shop, ungeared ourselves and relaxed a bit as we knew that the roads will get boring and lonely now and we would have only a few reasons to stop.

After a couple of soft drinks, water and some light snacks we geared up trying to save ourselves from the curious eyes of the locals and zoomed off. It was only at the expressway that I needed to tank on some gas. Started looking for a petrol bunk and finally found one on the other side of the road. Luckily the u turn was nearby. While I was out tanking up, Vaibhav had a chance to smoke and click some pics.




Once again we started riding and had hit the smoothest roads of NH 79. The heat and the barren landscape along the highway were not at all appealing and provoked us to rip it hard and cover some good distance. Soon it was time for lunch. Stopped along a roadside tuck shop and savored a not so delicious kachori. Lied down under the thatch and took some rest on the cots. After a Fanta, we were charged up and started gearing up. Meanwhile, a man came up and asked about us. We told him that we’re covering entire India on our bikes, we're from a magazine and what not! And the he started his own story of “Bharat Bhraman”, which we were not interested in, but just for the sake of listening, I kept on nodding and smiling. He wished us luck and we headed towards our destination.



I was so mesmerized by the performance of the bike that I just wanted to ride and the sweet exhaust note aided by a Megaphone was just enchanting. However, after a crisp and a swift ripping session, the sun was blazing all its glory on our faces, making us almost blind on the roads, the direct sunlight on our faces were burning the skin and hence, we decided to halt for a while, let the sun go down and the we would continue. Again stopped at a shack (I don't know why does he see only such places where even locals wont stop!) where a couple of locals were already having fun.

Soon the ice was broken with them and we started talking about all the worldly issues until when one of them asked about the price of the knee guard. They were kinda joking about our attire which made me furious and I wanted him to rebuke them. Hence, told them that the knee guards cost me 25k, then it was helmet for 50k and then the gloves for another 15k and finally the bike, which was quoted as 25lacs! Then one of them told me that I’ve got mad and then it was their turn to get screwed. Did my fair bit and taught them a lesson. Anyhow I was getting confused if we were making fun of them or were we being laughed at.

Finally, Udaipur was some 100km away and we decided to stop only at the pre-decided hotel and not before. As soon as we entered the city, both of us were confident enough that we knew the way to reach he hotel. I took the lead initially and then Vaibhav started making his own way. He would rip the bike on the streets without asking anyone as if every street looked familiar to him. Anyhow, after much hassles, we finally made it to Hotel Nayee Haveli, Gangaur Ghat, Lake Pichola (most recommended) and negotiated a room for Rs 200. Tomorrow we would be leaving to Mumbai!

Some More Pics From The Ride
































Chapter 4:The “Thirsty” Souls

One major motive of this ride was to catch up some cheap beer in Goa. But who would wait for four more days. Went to the roof top restaurant, popped two beers and I came down to catch on some sleep while Vaibhav wanted to drink more. He came down at around 12, snatched my blanket and was murmuring something. Neither does he know what he said, as he was drunk nor do I as I was half asleep. Asked for another blanket from the service boy and went off to sleep! Had to wake up early the next day as Mumbai was still some good 750km away!


Chapter 5: Udaipur to Mumbai 

Yesterday’s ripping session had had left us craving for more! Now it was time to bid good bye to the City of Lakes and head towards the Financial Capital of India, the City of Dreams-Mumbai! The tiring 670km from Delhi to Udaipur coupled with bouts of beer had blessed us with a sound sleep and the day was broken with the second buzz of the ride, yeah…the alarm once again. While I was up and charged up, Vaibhav took some time to wake up as he was hung over. Extended beer session plus a little sleep had his toll. However, he took no time to get up and head for the ride. Post freshening up, we geared up and were all set up to raid down the NH8 to its length. Although, I was a bit apprehensive about finding our way through Gujarat escaping the NE 1, I was still confident that we would make it.

The steeds were warmed up and soon we were meandering around the congested, yet charming streets of Udaipur. Facing no problem in finding our way to NH8 (thanks to the helpful locals), we were soon inching close to Mumbai. I tanked on some gas as the city ride the last evening left the reserve light blinking. The sun was still hiding under a thick blanket of darkness as we made our way out of the city of lakes. Some time into the ride and our stomachs were already petulant resulting into a pit stop at the next dhaba.

Hence, the first stop came just after one hour into the ride. With a hill in the foreground and another hill in the back drop, this place was the perfect setting.  And this restaurant surprisingly the same where I stopped for a water break while I was running against time on the IBA ride. Went inside and ordered the “regulars”, aaloo paranthas. It took a good one hour for the people there to serve the order on to the table, which in Delhi or any other place for that matter would have taken not more than 10 minutes. However “the wait was worthwhile” (Vaibhav’s words) as the paranthas were one of the best that we’ve ever had; too spicy that I (generally a quick eater) took a good 45 minutes to gobble down one and a half! Anyhow, a break would mean a photobreak as well. Hence the pics:





Chapter 6: The Awe Struck!

And what we saw after that is something simply unexplainable. It seemed as if we were riding on the “other side” of Rajasthan. We felt as if we’ve left the gloomy desolate tract, the desert, behind and green was the new color of life. Almost negligible traffic on the double lane NH8 which would force you to stop every now and then, this was no less than paradise. It was as if the Mother Nature was asking you to stop and soak up whatever she’s got to offer you. And that was exactly what I did. Camera was mounted on the helmet so that I can capture some of the most precious moments for those people who cannot witness the same themselves due to whatever reason. However, due to the air resistance, the camera was remounted on the tank. The 70-80 km of stretch just after Udaipur left us awestruck. Although pot holes did mark their presence, the entire ride was purely a bliss.

After some lovely roads snaking through the hills, it was time to soak up some lovelier roads of Gujarat and this was when we reached the Udaipur-Gujarat Border










Chapter 7: The Rippers and the Smokers

Mumbai was still far and I was a bit apprehensive if we would be able to make it before the sun set. Hence we started ripping with occasional breaks. The roads cooperated with us and behaved like a national highway with just a couple of pot holes and bad stretches to ride on.

While I wanted to reach Mumbai as early as possible, Vaibhav wanted to stick to the “hundred and hundred” mark where he would not cross 100kmph and would stop after every 100km to allow some rest to his bike as he feared his piston would go weak if he stressed the engine. My 500 cc machine was like bindass. I could rip it the way I wished. Thanks to the awesome 500 cc Fi engine. The next was to formulate a way which would allow Vaibhav to ride fast and we could cover up some distance. I started pulling away from him and soon he was no where to be seen in my rear view mirror leaving him with no other option than ripping and getting me in sight. And just then, something happened that separated us for a long time. While he continued riding on the NH8 (which I got to know later), I took a long way around through SH3 and what not. Bloody thanks to the local whom I asked the way out.

Now it was solo riding on a single lane road, good condition though, but with frequent appalling patches forcing me to slow down. And suddenly the horn stopped working. It would break, buzz and then break and then buzz again. I was unable to understand the problem as the wiring looked fine. Mumbai was still around 500kms from here. The horn had to be worked out. Stopped by a local mechanic and asked him to check the fault to which he confirmed that the horn is not getting enough ground.  Meanwhile Vaibhav called me up to confirm about my whereabouts.

Chapter 8: The Endless Wait!

I advised him my approximate location and asked him to meet me at the Vadodra bypass. Finally the horn was working and when I asked that gentleman about the labor cost, “nothing’, he said. I was so shocked to find that the job for which I would have had to shell out no less than Rs 100, he did not want anything for the same. I insisted, but he refused. With a big thanks to him and a happy heart, I left the place and headed towards the Bypass.

A major problem in Gujarat is language. You ask a local about the way in Hindi and they would say two words in Hindi and the rest would be in Gujarati. And same was the case for me. Thanks to the gestures that they would make that I could get some bit of idea about the route. Finally after crossing Nadiad and what not I was there on the NH8 and this was Vadodra Bypass. Now, the pulling away part was still on. Waited for Vaibhav for 15 minutes and gave him a couple of calls and finally sent him a text asking him to catch up at Surat.

It was around 1.00 pm and we (or I?) had covered some good distance! Mumbai was some 400km from here and we had a good 6-7 hours of daylight left!

While I was ripping on the Vadodra-Surat stretch of the GQ, a cow leaped onto the middle of a highway, leaving me jaw dropped! That was the sight that acted as a revelation about the truth of life. Within a flash, I had hundreds of thoughts in my mind. However, with some efficient breaking, psyche reading and experience, I was able to save my ass from being screwed.

Shouted at a police officer standing nearby and abused him for just being a mute spectator to the scene which would have screwed two lives, mine and the cow’s. And he just shrugged his shoulders as if he’s saying “what should I do?”. A small ripping session again and once again there was a problem with the LHS horn. Surat was some 80-100km away from this place and the horn was hanging with the support of just the wires as the fish plate supporting the Hella Red Grill had broken due to excessive vibrations! Stopped and gasped breath for a while as the ripping session for the past 200 odd kilometers left me tired as maneuvering the 200kg devil at the speeds over 100 is difficult. And finally removed the horn and put the same in the bag. Called up Vaibhav after seeing his and Vivek’s (Mumbai friend) messages and missed calls.

Chapter 9: The Screwed Up And The Admonished!

The reason for those calls was cleared by one of the messages from Vivek saying “Vaibhav has had a break down, needs your help…call him up”. And along with him, I was stuck up! Neither could I inch forward and he was some good 100km behind! I guess the pulling away thing had a toll on both of us and probably the ride as well. A few calls were made and abuses were exchanged.

Consulting Vivek, I was advised to head to Kadodra, cross it and wait for Vaibhav at McDonalds. Following the same, I was heading forward but somehow missed the place and took refuge in a shed. Since I had nothing to do, pics were clicked, while the endless wait was still on.




Chapter 10: The Tired, The Abused and The Savior!

Soon Vaibhav also caught up and took no time to ungear. He was tired with a backache. He laid down on the bench while the abusing session was still on. It was 4 and we could have still managed to reach Mumbai well in time. However, he did not want to spend 3 nights in Mumbai having spent a good amount of time there. Hence he talked to his (now our) friend Kallol. He was more than happy to allow us to stay at his place in Navsari which was some 20 km from this place. By 5 Kallol met us up, took us to his place and rest everything was a history.

Chapter 11: Friends Forever, The Stay and the fun at Navasari! (I cry when I write this)

It was a treat to the eyes to see the spark still ignited between two childhood friends separated for some good ten years! The way they were sharing their childhood memories, laughing…missing those good old days. Be it cycling for 100 km to and fro to watch a movie or mocking at a khadus uncle, it was lovely!

Kallol asked us to freshen up quickly as he would come back and go watch Durga Pooja!. Oh yes, that was Durga Pooja Day! We took a refreshing bath and felt as if all the differences are being douched out. We were all set and were waiting for him to come and then we would go. Meanwhile we both were just amazed by the beautiful setting of the place. This was a micro township type concept with homes made like villas, comfortable, airy and adjacent to verdant fields.

Kallol was soon back with his friends and some beer. Being a dry state alcohol is sourced from Maharashtra and Rajasthan illegally. So people who don’t want others to booze in Gujarat, do not read this! After a beer session where only Vaibhav and I were drinking, it was time to raid the streets of Navasari. And what a beautiful city this is! The first stop was Kallol and party’s favorite restaurant where we savored some good Manchurian, fried rice and kebabs. Next was an awesome 125 years old ice cream shop where we had some of the best homemade kind of ice creams with a vivid assortment of flavors ranging from a surprising kaju katli to apple and mixed fruit.




And finally we were roving around the charismatic streets of Navasari and I had a chance to hit on some Gujju girls playing dandia until we stopped at the city center where all the locals gather for the main Durga Pooja event. The city is so liberal that it can easily set an example for any big metropolis in India. Even at midnight, we found groups of young girls and no one was there to question them. It seemed as if no one minds this thing which shows their liberal attitude towards life and society as a whole. It was simply amazing. The hypocrites of a modern Tier I cities should learn something from these people.

Concluding, it was time to call it a day and finally we were back home and went off to sleep.

Some pics from the ride and Navasari:










Chapter 12: Excited souls and Glamorous Mumbai. 

One funny thing with me is, no matter how late I sleep at night, I wake up early in the morning. But, that is strictly restricted to rides! As usual, woke up early in the morning which in turn gave me a chance to capture the mystified landscape of Navasari, and gradually, the sun rise.



Soon, Vaibhav also woke up and progressively every one was charged up. We freshened up in no time and the others caught up soon. We bid good bye to Navasari and with smiles on the face, headed towards the NH8. And suddenly I started feeling so comfortable as if I don’t have any load. And indeed I didn’t! I forgot my bag at Kallol’s place itself. Took and u turn and found Kallol on his bike with the bag on his back. He was himself coming to give the bag. What a beautiful human being.

Today’s was a relaxed ride and we just had some 240km to cover. However I was a bit fretful about the 100 odd km starting Vapi as the stretch, the last time, was in a mess with hell lot of diversions. Anyhow, decided to enjoy the journey and take up things the way they come. After all, it’s the journey that matters and not the destination. Pretty soon into the ride, and we both were hungry to the core! Started looking for a restaurant and finally decided to eat in a decent looking restaurant. Ordered Sambhar Idli and as expected the sambhar was sweet. We wanted to eat more. However, decided to give it a miss and look for a decent restaurant on the way.

The ride was getting droning as we had nothing else to do other than riding. However, something caught our eye on the left and we had to stop. As we gazed through the landscape, we found a sight of much astonishment that was not only beautiful but incarcerating too! Stopped there for a while as the scene was really refreshing. A man made reservoir, with a couple of fishing boats and water falling from a height…that’s was pure bliss. I would let pictures do the talking for the same.



Then we moved forward and soon were in the laps of Western Ghats. The road quality and condition has improved since my last ride and we encountered only a couple of diversions. The hills were awkwardly shaped and the setting was simply diving. Hence the pics



And by 11.00am we entered the city of Mumbai and were welcomed by balmy sun and traffic jams. However, being a public holiday, we were spared of the maddening traffic on the Link Road. Ripping the streets of Mumbai, we both, once again, got separated. I asked my way out and reached Colaba pretty soon and climbed up to the reception of Hotel Volga. Haggled a triple bed room (only available) for Rs. 1000 for a night and settled down.


Chapter 14: Awesome Time

It got dark by the time I came back. I was told about a very famous eating joint in Colaba, Bade Miyan. The place where big shots stop and savor some lip smacking kebabs and tandoori cuisine, it was a must try for me. And I wanted to grab some beer too! Went to the same wine shop that I visited the last year, grabbed some beer and got some kebabs and rolls packed for myself and Aaloo roll for Vaibhav from the much plugged out eating joint.

As usual, Vaibhav did not like the aaloo roll and he left it halfway. The food was not as good as the image of the joint goes. Anyhow, it was tolerable and the beer was at its best. Vaibhav called up one of his friends and they planned to regroup with the rest of their pals in Mumbai so he left for his friend’s place. All this while, Vivek with Jaan was on his way to meet us.

They came by 8.00pm and then it was an inexpressible meeting with them. Beer was flowing freely and so were the words. We shared our experiences from the past rides and the future plans too! It was fun. Finally they retired for the day and so did I, promising them to meet them in Bounce the next day. (For all those curious souls, Bounce is their favorite beer bar :p)



Chapter 15: A tourist in Mumbai

Woke up early in the morning, freshened up quickly and was out to explore the Elephanta Caves. I have been learning about these caves since my childhood and now was the time to actually see them in flesh. As advised, I would allow the bike to take some rest and take a ferry to Elephanta Island. This was going to be the first ferry experience for me in the open ocean. But before that, I should grab something to eat as my stomach was already complaining! Hence the neighborhood McDonalds seemed to be the best bet and so it was, two Pizza McPuffs were there on the table.

Purchased “deluxe” return ticked for Rs 130 to Elephanta and boarded the ferry. This was a great opportunity to capture some classis shots of Gateway of India and The Taj coupled with some good shots of the jetty and boats. Pics



The ferry took a good one and a half hour to reach the island. Once we disembark the ferry at the Elephant Jetty, we have to walk down a kilometer before we reach some 100 odd steps which lead you to the caves. Both sides of the staircase are dotted with small shops which sell everything from locally found semi precious stones to souvenirs and keepsakes. Once you’re up, pay another Rs 5 (not sure if it was 5 or 10) and you have the first cave on your right.

To brief about Elephanta Caves, there are a group of 5 caves consisting of different Avtars of Lord Shiva and Parvati. These were built by a Shiva devotee back in the 16th century. Pretty old stuff there. Once again the shutterbug in me woke up and hence the pics.


Two Pizza McPuffs proved to be insufficient to keep hunger at bay and I was hungry again. Grabbed a delectable sweet corn, what we call Bhutta in Hindi, and man…this is the best that I’ve ever had! Once I reached the ferry, only then I got to know that the ferry would leave only at around 12.30 or 1.00pm. still one and a half hours to go! Anyhow, was not in a mood to go back and enjoy, hence decided to sit in the ferry itself. And this gave me a chance to witness something that any guy would love to! A ferry full of college girls just anchored along the ferry that I was sitting in and some 50-60 girls were right in front of me. No pics clicked as it might have offended the girls. Still sitting idle, I broke the ice with the ferry crew and got to know some valuable things about the ferry from Mumbai to Rewas, which I was really confused about.

Finally the ferry headed towards Gateway and I was already dozing off. The cold breeze made my eyes heavy and it was becoming difficult to keep my eyes open. Still managed to reach Colaba awake and de-boarded the ferry quickly. Got my lunch packed from Gokul Restaurant and came back to the hotel room. While I was having my lunch, Vaibhav came back from his friend’s place. Post my lunch, I went off to sleep as I was getting pretty unconscious!

Woke up to a phone call after sometime and then I was just unable to sleep, reason being the tour of the Mumbai city which was still pending! Hence, freshened up and went off to check out Marine Drive which I missed the last time.



Next on my mind was Band Stand, which was also missed during the last two visits. Comfortably found my way to Band Stand and it was lovely to be at a place greatly heard about.



After a brisk photography session at Band Stand, checked out Galaxy (I’m sure you all must be aware of the same) and headed towards Varsova Beach. While I was still on the way, it got dark and I found no reason to visit just another beach when a whole bunch was waiting for us in Goa. Took a U-turn and headed back to the hotel. While on the way, I got to click this site of much political importance, especially for Maharashtra and Bihar.(lost the pic :(

Was back at around 7.30 and wanted to have something. Strolled out on the street and found Kamath hotel. Had seen it in a number of pictures from south India; I did want to try this. Post gobbling a Rawa Masala Dosa, savored an ice cream and came back. Packed the bags and went off to sleep, tomorrow is going to be an exciting day!


Chapter 16: Reincarnated! 

The morning was just fine, the clock struck 5.30 am and it was time to wake up and savor the taste of the mesmerizing coastal route! Gearing up took no time and in a short while, we were warming up the rides.

Bhaucha Dhakka was the next destination, just a couple of kilometers away. Every passing second seemed like an eternity, maybe we were too excited to reach the land of beaches. Today would be a shot but a crisp day as we would be riding along the west coast of India. The plan was to ferry the bike till Rewas, a small town just before Alibaug and then carry forward the journey of a lifetime. It took us a while before we could smell freshly caught seafood and there it was, a crowd of boats and ferries. All this while the sun was still not up and it was still dark. Mumbai surely wakes up pretty early!

The scene at the jetty was truly enchanting, it was like going through a stupor. I felt I was in a completely different world all together! Ladies sitting with their fish baskets comprising of almost every kind of fish that one could think off. The ferry would leave in another hour and a half, till then, we can soak up the beautiful setting. It surely was one of the best experiences of my life.


Savored a couple of mouthwatering vadapav, which was truly a treat to the taste buds and the grumbling stomach too! Post pre-breakfast, I checked down the timings for the ferry and purchased two tickets for Rewas. The gates were thrown open to let the bikes kiss the platform, it seemed no less than a royal treatment. Finally it was a moment of truth for both of us when we got to know as to how would they transfer the bike from the platform to the ferry! A narrow wooden plank raised my brow. However, their confidence relieved me, although they did charge me way above what was expected. Anyhow, the bikes were tied to the railings and then we floated away!















Lack of sleep was making my eyes bulky and I just couldn’t keep them open. Moreover, the sea sickness was taking its toll and I was feeling a bit nauseate. It was,then, a sound one and a half hour sleep on the ferry. Vaibhav pacified his inner shutterbug, meanwhile.







Soon Vaibhav woke me up as we were about to reach.The ferry was finding it hard to secure a parking space while the sailor was uttering all sorts of Marathi abuse. Eventually the bikes were unloaded, this marked the beginning of an action-packed journey.

Chapter 17 : The awe struck, yet again!

As soon as we exited the jetty, a single land us with a , narrow road greeted us with a beautiful smile. This also meant that we would hardly have anyone enroute that could guide us through the correct route. Vivek had planned that he would be riding us till Ratnagiri, a city on the Mumbai-Goa route, hence making me relaxed enough that I did not plan the route between Mumbai and Ganpatipule which was the tentative stop for the day.



After a crisp photo session, we headed forward only to stop after a short while as we came across what we were lingering for since the ride had begun. A smooth road with sea on one side and hills on the other!


Heading forward we came across some of the most beautiful roads that we’ve ever seen. A narrow road snaking through dense forest with occasional sounds from the petrol driven machines, I was left spellbound. Savored a delicious dose of tantalizing paranthas and dal. Moved forward and the majestic roads continued.


After a dose of an awesome breakfast, beautiful roads and a scenic treat, we were still craving for more. it was only until the Kihim Beach welcomed us with its open waters and its sun-kissed sand. Sparkling waters and palm lined coastline was simply irresistible. We, however, were lazy enough so as not to remove the riding hear and get clicked!





However, after some time, we both started feeling uncomfortable and mutually decided to hop on to NH17 as every other person had different view about the destination and the way. After much hassles, we were finally raiding the beautiful roads of NH17. With a perception of one of the best highways in India, I was left pretty depressed frequent potholes. However, we had no other option than to ride on the same road.

It was when we took a break that Vaibhav wanted to rest a bit and I wanted to carry on. I was now on my own and I could see a storm building up towards the way I was heading. And man it was a heavy one. I was wondering if I got stuck in it, I would be screwed big time. Anyhow, I did have some confidence as I was carrying a plastic cover with me, which would cover the bag just fine…so, headed forward.

While crossing Chiplun, I wanted to confirm the way to Ganpatipule, so asked a policemen about the same… I was heading in the right direction. Also asked him if its going to rain, “It would be there around Kolhapur, certainly not on the way to Goa” was the reply. Happy and content I was! But, as I headed forward, black clouds were hovering over my head and soon it started raining. I stopped immediately and covered the bag, kept the gloves inside and started riding. Unlike the Glory Quest ride, I was prepared this time.

The light rain gave way to a heavy downpour in seconds and pretty soon it was just rain and me. I could hardly see in front, still kept the engine running and the machine rolling, slowly and steadily. It seemed as if someone up there was wanted me to experience something that I would never do. I could literally see the rain dancing the dance of death in front of my eyes, yeah it was that spooky!

It rained for about an hour and by that time I had crossed the black clouds and it was just overcast in the sky. I was nearing Ganpatipule. Called up Vaibhav to confirm his whereabouts and got to know that he’s waiting for the rain to stop. Also, we discussed about the the Ganpatipule thing. We would have to take a detour and ride some 30 odd km to from the main highway to reach the place.  This would also mean that we would have to come back covering those 30 km again the next morning to catch the highway. Hence, we decided to stay in Ratnagiri.

I moved on taking some short breaks, the windcheater had done a wonderful job in keeping me dry and it took me just a while to parch up. After a short and a scenic ride, I stopped at Ratnagiri Bypass for Vaibhav to catch up. While I thought it would be foolish to sit around and while away the time, I started asking for hotel accommodations in and around the city. Meanwhile it got dark and Vaibhav also caught up.

We both decided to go inside the city, take a night halt and head towards Goa the next morning. Took a lodge for Rs 400 and it was worth the value for money. Had a pathetic and an overpriced Chinese dinner and went off to sleep.

Some pics from the ride










Chapter 18: GOAlicious!

Today is going to be a big day as a dream long cherished would be coming true. A dream that was long dreamt would finally be lived. We would be reaching Goa today. The excitement and tiring and wet journey from the last day had an amazing affect on us two. The tiring journey blessed us with a good night sleep and the excitement woke us up just in time.

The distance for today was just around 250 kilometers and that too on one of the most scenic routes of India. So it was not at all possible for us to decide as to when we would be heading to the Land of Beer and Beaches, Goa. Slowly exited the city soaking up its grandiose setting which we missed as we got late the last evening.

Eventually we skipped on to NH17 and then it was a ride to be experienced! Smooth roads, mind boggling scenery and the rain yesterday made the ride even more wonderful. Soon it was time to grab something to pacify the foodie which hid somewhere in the abdomen and would wake up every morning, afternoon and evening! Pulled over to a decent looking restaurant and ordered, the “regulars”. Although the definition of “regulars” would change starting today, however, as of yet, they would only mean Vadapav, which I’m simply in love with!



Since Vaibhav removed all his riding gear, he would take some time to carry forward. Hence, I decided to leave and wait for him midway to catch up. However, he was riding at his own sweet pace, so I moved forward and allowed him to enjoy a short solo ride amidst this beautiful setting. Even I lived every moment of this ride. Being the last ride of my bachelorhood, I was pretty excited for the same and Goa is one destination that I can spend an entire life at. Moreover, it’s a bike trip. Truly a dream come true.

Vaibhav was still behind while I came across this beautiful patch of land. Small elevation of land that was dug for some purpose. An offroad path leading to the same seemed really exciting. Climbed up the stretch in no time. The torque of this machine is impressive enough. Clicked a couple of pics



While I was planning to head back, the owner of the land came up and initiated a friendly chat with me. All this while I got to know many things about the land prices, dry fruits, people, culture and all. And suddenly I saw a person zooming on his 220 with a white helmet on. This is none other than Vaibhav. Maybe he just could not take it anymore and wanted to reach Goa as soon as possible. Goa is another 50 km from this place.

Riding forward, I saw Vaibhav waiting for me. We two stopped there for a while and called up the concerned person who was to take care of the accommodation thing in Goa. Moving forward, we were finally in Goa and the next four days would be pure masti…!

Some pics from the ride!



Chapter 18: The Goan Goons!

Now was the time! This is what we’ve been craving from the past couple of days. Finally we were at the top of the world, feeling glorious, victorious and what not! This was Goa. The goons were all set to raid the streets, the beaches, the babes…and most importantly, the bars.

But before that we must sort out the accommodation issue. A couple of calls were made and there was our man…Mr Bandhu. He took us to the apartment and we were left jaw dropped. The serenity and the ambiance, the acoustics and the décor of the apartment were simply superb. All thanks to Royal India Bikes and Mr Rajeev Yadav in person.

Freshened up in no time and we were all set to roll, beer bottles and fresh sea food was calling us. As per the recommendation by Mr Rajeev, we dropped into “Why Not Prajyot” to grab something to eat, and drink ofcourse! Nice place and nice ambiance. Two Budweisers were enough to keep us occupied for some time post which we headed to the famed Calangute Beach.


Took a place at the beach side and then started the endless bakchodi. Beer was flowing endlessly and soon the sky was painted orange. The view was simply majestic. I fall short of words describing the breathtaking landscape. Being an “Indian community infested” beach, Calangute has a charm of its own. No matter what time of the day it is, you ought to find people from length and breadth of India. And it seems that the only beach for them in Goa is Calangute! Head towards the entry and you find big stomached, “chaddidhari” uncles gulping down oodles of beer right outside the wine shop with their stomach extending another mile!.



Some 20-25 beers were already down the two thirsty throats and out from the *ahem ahem*. The sun was beautifully captured from every angle.







We didn’t have a proper food since morning. Now it was time to gobble down some lip smacking delicacies and tantalize the taste buds with some crabs, prawns and much more!


Post a heavenly meal, it was time to catch on some much needed sleep. Hence, day one in Goa ends thrillingly!

Old Goa and some attractions are on cards for the next day.


Chapter 18: The Charming Streets and Hidden Treasure!

The day broke early as it has been a norm for me on any ride. Surprisingly, Vaibhav was also wide awake. Freshened up and now we were hungry. The crab was digested and now and the stomach was once again, grumbling. Post the morning chores we both headed to Why Not Prajyot yet again and were curiously looking at the English Breakfast. Man, how can they survive without having a couple of paranthas and butter in the morning? Munched a couple of bread pieces topped with pasteurized butter half heartedly.

“You going bike ride?” the lady asked. “Yes, we are”, we said proudly. The plan was to explore Old Goa (which I had missed during my last visit) and then probably Dudh Sagar Falls…this was the only place where we could find some bikini babes having fun and then we could probably break the ice with them and we all would be having fun, together!

Meandering through charming streets and narrow roads, exploring Old Goa was a treat to the eyes. Age old churches and cathedrals leave you spell bound. The peaceful and laidback atmosphere is so invigorating that it leaves you craving for more.

Enjoy the pics from Old Goa


Chapter 19: The Beach Thirsty

Post savoring a slice of history, it was, yet again, time to head to the beach. This time it would be Palolem in South Goa. Known for its quaint environs and negating the Calangute-like image, Palolem is a hot favorite amongst foreigners and people like us alike :p

I had a notion that Palolem is just around 60km from this place. However, journey to this famed beach seemed like never ending. Although, mouth watering vistas were accompanying us all the way through, we actually had to cover some 90odd km before we could actually reach Palolem! That was some distance, and that too for just a beach…we’re crazy!

Some pics on the way to Palolem:




The first thing that I looked for was a wine shop…and there it was, shining bright! Now that we’re here, we had nothing much to do. After all, its just sand and some water! *poof*…a beer bottle was opened up and there we start the day…drinking all the way!

Beer after beer and then another beer and then one more, that was going to be the schedule for today and we were right into it! Occupied a boat illegally and threw all our stuff into it and headed straight towards the open waters.



But the open waters did not seem tempting enough and we were out after some time, beers did not want us to stay away from them. I saw something crawling and rolling in sand. A white creepy crawler with some 6-7 limbs. Wait, it’s a crab! I pulled out the camera in a flash and clicked some pictures. This was my first experience. It was a starfish after that, it just showed itself for a while and then vanished. I missed it!

However, one thing was in plenty. It was a crab again, but of a different kind. Caught hold of two and wanted them to fight, but they won’t. Threw them back to the sea. The sun was rushing itself down the horizon all this while and the boat owner asked us to help him tow the boat back to beach. We had to use some wooden planks and great amount of force to pull the boat back. I was religiously helping the boat owner, while Vaibhav was lazy enough and was just holding the boat…just for the sake of formality! I ‘m not sure why did he do even that.

Some pics from the day till now:


Soon the sun soaked itself into the vast expanse of water and it was dark. The beer was doing wonders and we two were under the affect of hallucination. It was fun, purely Goan fun! Again we found a platform at the end of the beach where we could rest our butts and enjoy the beer. We could see the entire beach.

Chapter 20: The Hot Blooded and The Sane

Beer and fire is a dangerous combination. I was playing around with the lighter when a crazy idea hit my mind. I lit up a fire with the help of some dried palm leaves and then I wanted it to be bigger and everything from polythene to more leaves were added. There was this whole big dry branch which was used for the fire to grow bigger and that became kind of a prop for us for our pics.



When it was Vaibhav’s turn to get himself clicked, he flung and swayed the burning branch in the air which agitated the fishermen nearby, one of them in particular was being a smart ass. They talked rudely to us to which I got furious and wanted to teach him a lesson. He was apprehensive about his fishing net that was kept close to where we had lit the fire. While the heated argument continued, one of them pushed me making mad. He was just inches away from getting screwed had Vaibhav and two others not stopped me from ruining the vacation.

Anyhow, I was getting a little apprehensive about riding 100km back and that too when alcohol was driving us nuts. Hence hired a decent room for Rs 400. I was feeling hungry now. And this time, I would only settle down with fish…White Pomfret. Sllllluuuuurrrrp. There was this restaurant that I saw which looked pretty decent. Went inside and ordered a tandoori Pomfret. It was delicious. (my mouth waters as I type this!)

While I was still having my dinner, Vaibhav came and asked me if it was a fish. “yes” I said. He picked it up gave it to the dog leaving me hungry and angry. Strange is the way hardcore dog lovers are, they would leave a human being hungry but the dog should be fine! That was the first time he touched non veg as per him. And then he ordered another chicken dish and offered them to dogs. I don’t know what was he trying to show as I never saw him offering charity to beggars (humans).

Anyhow, the day was awesome and we headed towards the room. While vaibhav was having a bath I shopped for toothbrush, soap and toothpaste as we were not carrying them. Good night Palolem.

...some more pics:


Chapter 21: Goa Fever…continued!

Today was a day of not much activity as we were in a mood to laze around and soak up the laid back environment of Goa. Woke up afresh and was amazed to see no hangover! Perfect start for a perfect day. But before we could proceed towards the “regulars”, we have to cover some 90 odd kilometers from Palolem to Calangute which seemed to be a Herculean task as we were hungry and wanted to grab on some good food which we would only find in Panaji. But before we could proceed, Vaibhav’s bike had to be push started as the battery was taking its last breaths! Finally, the bike was started and warmed up in order to ensure no problem during the latter half of the day.

Quickly exiting beautiful streets of  Palolem, we hopped on to the highway and man’o’man, 90 kilometers were covered in no time! Riding along the Mandovi River is sheer pleasure. Sweet road. I fall in love with Goa every time I talk about it, same is happening as I write this…I wanna go there again! Anyways, as the place had changed a little since my last visit, less some traffic congestion and teeming tourists, I found out the South Indian restaurant that we were looking for (cannot remember the name).

Post a delightful South Indian meal, we wanted to check out Dona Paula Beach. However, before that Vaibhav wanted to get the battery thing fixed and he might get the battery replaced if he gets the desired model, a thing which he is very particular about. Looked out for a mechanic consulting whom we were advised that the battery water level was fine, as we were a little skeptical about it. He did not have the required battery model, so we decided to give it a miss.

The next was his chain cleaning which he got done from a local mechanic while I grabbed some information about the route back in a cyber café further down the road. Soon Vaibhav called me up and wanted me to meet outside Hotel Mandovi as he was unable to find out the location of the cyber café after which we proceeded towards the flat. Heavy breakfast and lack of sleep once again made me sleepy and I hit the bed.

Woke up in the afternoon and my stomach was craving for some Punjabi food. Headed towards a Punjabi restaurant and savored some mouthwatering chicken and naan. Following pics were clicked while waiting for the order which took a good half an hour.


Post a not so delicious, yet a filling, lunch we wanted to explore some local attractions other than the beaches. Fort Agauda was on my mind. A charming ascent led us to the fort which opened to the vast expanse of Arabian Sea. The view was really majestic. A tank with a capacity of some 7600000 liters left me jaw dropped.


The next on my mind was the place where Dil Chahata Hai was shot which was pretty nearby. I fall short of words in the want of a description every time I write about the attractions here. I would rather let the pictures do the talking:



After a refreshing time here, our souls were craving for some “magic potion”. We had a plenty of time to spend with our favorite beverage. Also, Vaibhav wanted to explore the famed Baga Beach and so did I. We reached  the beach in a while. This was the first time I was here as I missed it the last time.


The beach was beautiful. The area on the right amazed me a lot. Hence decided to go there and capture the setting sun from a different angle.

Reaching the top was slightly difficult as I had to take care of my “repaired” foot and the crabs that would come running around and hide them pretty quickly. On the way to top, I befriended a stray dog which gave me company climbing up and would not inch forward if I don’t move! The view from the topmost point of the rocky lava formation was simply sweeping. I was left breathless. The sun was rushing down the horizon and the view became more and more splendid. Action speak louder than words, hence enjoy my actions in the form of pics from the short hike and back.



Chapter 22:  The approaching end

While descending, I could feel the affect if high tide. I was pretty excited to witness this moment as this was my first experience with tides. The small river channel, where the water level was only up to the ankles was not a rushing stream with water level as high as the waist. I loved crossing that stream. The sun was already down the horizon and we two were craving for some more beer. We would be leaving tomorrow, so we should drink responsibly. Grabbed a couple of beers and again found a place where we could keep an eye on the beach.

Post “The Last Beer” we headed towards the resort and packed the things. Everything was done in time. I took a bath and went off to sleep. The “home coming” ride starts tomorrow. We were excited!


Chapter 23: The Homesick And The Laidback

The alarm clock tingled at the decided time…around 4.30. It was still dark and we were lucky to find clear skies. Freshened up in no time and were down stairs admiring the bikes. Vaibhav tied his luggage and we tow were geared up. Today’s plan was to reach Navasari, some 700 odd kilometers before the sunset as we had plenty of time to ride.

We were in no mood to ride on the NH17 as it would have been too time consuming. Hence, we decided to take a faster route via NH4 passing through Pune and Khandala. But before we could proceed on to the NH4, we had to take the NH 4A..and that was the best thing that ever happened to us.

Although finding the right way was a bit pestering, however…whatever happened after that simply left us overwhelmed! An awesome road with almost nil pot holes with breathtaking landscape alongside…phew, I fall short of words again! I would rather let the pictures do the talking


After a mind boggling ride, we stopped for a breakfast break. Ordered some piping hot vadapavs and Bhajia and coupled them with narial pani. Soon it was time again to ride and enjoy the experience of a lifetime!

As the planned route, we were supposed to reach Belgaum and then take the NH4 towards Pune and ultimately reach Lonavala. We reached Belgaum in no time as the roads were welcoming and we could keep a decent pace. However, once we entered Belgaum, it took me no time to name it as the “city of idiots”. A person riding a motorcycle with his brother and his wife as pillion would intend to turn left when immediately the wife would raise her hand so as to indicate a right turn and the rider would just do that! And this is not one instance, I’ve got a couple of them to allude to. Anyhow, this experience was transitory and we soon took a break post climbing the NH4.

Chapter 24: The Nostalgic, the Laidback and the Awesome NH4

While Vaibhav was still recovering from hangover of a fantastic ride that we had, I was getting nostalgic and was thinking of all the fun and frolic that I had on the GQ ride. Clicked the following pictures as soon as we stopped:


Post a pic and some gyan session, it was once again time to zoom off. We had to be quick on throttle as the destination for the day, Navsari, was still far! We rode continuously for a while until  Vaibhav became invisible in the rear view mirror. Suddenly I found a car closing in and to avoid any undesirable incidence, I gently allowed him some course to pass. But this ride won’t budge a bit! Finally found out my way out from between two trucks, but the car caught up soon. Then found out that they were shooting a video of the bike.

Then came another pit stop at the same place where I stopped last year, on the GQ ride, still do not know the name of the place.



Anyhow, Vaibhav soon caught up and we two started riding again. Started feeling hungry and were now looking for a restaurant. Finally found a decent looking one. Pulled over and ordered Kohlapuri dal and roti. “Spicy hoga”, was the call from the attendant, I said let it roll!. Prepared my taste buds for some spicy food but to utter dismay, the meal was even less spicy; was just over hyped.

Chapter 25: The Wetland.

Post a filling meal, we carried forward and it was then when the sleeping demon woke up and it started pouring! Drizzling though, but the havoc ahead was evident. Immediately covered the bags with protective cover and continued until the rains became really heavy forcing me to stop. Half heartedly, pulled over to a restaurant and soon Vaibhav also caught up.



Looking at the amount of water pouring from the skies, Navsari seemed to be a tough deal. Post a continuous heavy inundation, the rains finally stopped and we were out to rip some rubber again. But the weather condition changed drastically, even after such a heavy downpour! What I saw after that is simply too awful for words.

The clouds seemed to have donned a ferocious mask and were gulping the mountains one after another. They vanished under a thick layer of billows. Anyhow, they showed some mercy for a while but went anxious and started pouring ferociously making me and Vaibhav take a shelter in a shack.


Navasari was still far. Hence, we mutually decided to stick to the original plan and take a halt at Khandala. The rain continued for almost an hour and I could see the landscape changing. Water was everywhere and I was, all the time, comparing the monsoons in Delhi with Pune… where it rains in a flash. As the rain  stopped, it was already getting dark We reached Lonavala when it started drizzling again. Hence, decided to stop 1km before the decided destination and hired a room for Rs. 850! Steep…but the call of the hour made us do so.

Settled in a dingy and a smelly room quickly. The weather condition was humid. Took a bath and refreshed ourselves. We expected the weather to be cold…and cold it was, but only for people around the place. For Delhiites, its more of a regular humid weather. Post a refreshing bath, went in to a South Indian restaurant and munched on some Dosa and Uttapa. It continued to rain meanwhile! By the time we came back, it was already 8 and I was getting damn sleepy. It was getting difficult to keep my eyes open. Lights were switched off and tv was switched on…only for Vaibhav. I was already in my dream world by that time as tomorrow is going to be a tough day. Lonavala-Udaipur: 900km! We hoped it would not rain tomorrow.

Some more pics from the ride:



Chapter 26: Separated, Yet Again. Throughout The Journey.

As already planned, we would leave Lonavala early morning so as to cover 900 odd kilometers comfortably. I woke up early at around 5.30, while Vaibhav was still asleep. Freshened up and started packing up the “dried up” things which were drenched in water yesterday. Meanwhile, I asked Vaibhav to wake up and get ready. He wanted to catch on with some more sleep and asked me to carry on and he would catch up on the way to which I agreed.

However, when I was almost about to leave, he stood up and wanted to ride. Sane idea, I would say as today’s ride was going to be long and boring. Went outside the hotel and peeped up to the sky and was glad to find stars shining bright! The plan was to bypass Mumbai and continue at NH4 and catch NH8 after Thane via Mumbra.

We both were really excited to ride on the beautiful Mumbai-Pune expressway. But before we could ride, I needed a tank up which was brimmed up at Khopoli. Soon we were raiding the NH4 and entered the city of Thane which we were supposed to bypass continuing on to NH4 which would ultimately meet up NH8. Being an early morning, we escaped the maddening traffic during the office hours, but a couple of places did test our patience! Finally, it was the sweet NH8. Now was the time to rip the bikes and reach Udaipur in time which I was sure of!

Chapter 27: The Hungry And Separated, Yet Again!

Right on to the NH8 and we both were hungry. Wanted to try out Sugar and Spice or eat at Mc Donalds. But before that we had to reach Vapi, which was still far. We two were ready to wait for that but we found something tempting...Kamath. Mouth watering dosas and uttapams were hovering around my helmet and I wanted to gobble down on them! Pulled over to the restaurant and ordered the likes. Post a scrumptious meal, itw as time to march forward towards the destination. Vaibhav wanted to lubricate the chain of his bike which was done with oodles of oil was used which unquestionably made his way through the floor. After a brisk chat with two oldies, we headed forward.

Vaibhav asked me to carry on as I was pushing him to ride fast and we would meet somewhere in between as we keep on stopping for water and photo breaks. Moreover, I asked him that I would be waiting for him at Hotel Nayee Haveli, Udaipur at the end of the day. Now it was a solo ride and I wanted to live it, the reason being, it was missed during the last GQ ride as I was racing against time.

Zoomed off on the “royal ride” as I really wanted to reach Udaipur before sunset. Same old road was getting monotonous as there was nothing special to experience other that some great roads and patches of bad roads. One similar patch came some one hour before Ahemdabad where it was a traffic jam for some 3-4 kilometers. Inquiring about the same, it was told that the trucks here are waiting in the queue for some good 48 hours! Phew…that’s some time! Reaching the end of the traffic jam, I noticed that it was a toll booth. But the reason for such a horrific jam is still unknown.

There was nothing much on the cards other that riding. I would keep it short and leave you drooling over the few pictures clicked.



After a tiring ride I reached Udaipur at around 7.30 covering almost 900km in some 12 hours! No sign of Vaibhav closing in as he informed me that he would be staying in Navasari due to some persisting battery problem. Hence, I freshened up and went to fetch some beer, the last of the ride. But to the utter disappointment and amazement, the wine shops close by 8.30pm in Udaipur. I was left with no option other than hitting the roof top restaurant. While I was still getting high, Vaibhav called me up and told me he’s some 40km from Udaipur. I was delighted! Arranged one more blanket for him and went off to sleep post texting him to make quite moves as I would be sleeping.

He reached, and was up in no time. He also raided the roof top restaurant where he got high and acted as one of the characters in Hangover, where he does not remember whet exactly did he do and how much did he drink! I was asleep, all this while.

Tomorrow would be the "home coming ride"!


Chapter 28: The excited!

The sun rose late. I do not know, and would never know if it was the night dominating it or I was just too excited to reach home. Woke up early as I really wanted to have something home cooked for lunch. The overheated conversation, the result of some misunderstanding, last night left me in regret. Left an apology note for Vaibhav and moved out of the hotel. He would be reaching tomorrow as he wanted to explore Udaipur and get the battery problem fixed too.

After exiting the beautiful city of Udaipur, I tanked up and headed towards the ever beautiful NH76. The sun came up behind my back. It seemed as he’s willing to shower all his warmth on me. Ah! I felt so refreshed.



Soon the meal last night surrendered to the appetite of morning making me hungry. Since the past two weeks, the soul had some of the best meals it would ever have, and the stomach coped with the changing food styles too well. The hunt for the restaurant began and then the faint memories of the meal last year were refreshed and my eyes looking for that “14km ahead” hoarding which came soon.

Ushered into the restaurant where a girl sat right opposite, staring me. Still wondering if it was my charismatic personality B-) or the riding gear! Anyways, the hunger was becoming unbearable and so was the excitement to reach home! Immediately gulped down a couple of aaloo paranthas and were all set to roll.

Taking a new target every time I reach a target helped me a lot as I covered a good distance in no time. Finally I was on the beautiful GVK expressway after encountering a convoy that was heading towards Delhi. Trucks loaded with modern warfare. What a treat to the eye it was!

Pulled over to the side and rested for a while and then came one of the only two instances where I clicked the pics during the “home coming” 


Moved on and crossed Jaipur in no time. The distance seemed to be a breeze! It was only after crossing Jaipur that the real trouble began. Pathetic roads, increasing temperature, maddening traffic and an all time high anxiousness greeted me with a grim smile while I was frowning all this while!

Took a shelter under an under construction flyover and some self clicks were taken. Post that it was almost a non stop ride to Delhi with not much of an activity than riding. 



Finally, I made it home at around 3.30pm and enjoyed a home cooked meal which I was craving from since the past couple of days. All in all, it was a wonderful rides with some hiccups here and there. Truly one ride to be cherished throughout the life adding up more experiences and adventure chronicles to the diary of a lone biker! 


Karan Sharma
17.12.2011






No comments:

Post a Comment